Companies must employ talented employees capable of adding value through their work to stay profitable and operate smoothly. Recruitment consultants come into the picture by helping these companies find the best employees capable of supporting their business operations.
We would love to help you land the best recruitment consultant job in the market. We have two resume examples that should help you pen the best resume for your upcoming job application. We will also look at the roles and responsibilities of recruitment consultants and the surrounding educational, experience and skills requirements. Let’s get right into it!
Recruitment Consultant Job Description
A recruitment consultant helps organizations attract the best candidates for different positions. These professionals further design effective programs for screening candidates, assessing candidates’ CVs and finalizing agreements between them and employers. They are also charged with devising different recruiting methods, such as job adverts and sourcing candidates through databases or social media searches.
To succeed as a recruitment consultant, you must understand different sourcing and recruitment techniques and possess excellent communication and customer service skills. Other requirements include sound judgement, computer literacy and good numeracy skills.
Recruitment Consultant Roles and Responsibilities
- Finding clients (in this case, organizations in need of employees) and maintaining excellent long-term relationships
- Understanding and meeting client requirements for successful staffing
- Managing the entire hiring process, i.e., right from the interview stage to the offer stage and beyond
- Combing different sources, e.g., databases, to find the suitable candidates
- Briefing candidates on available opportunities or specific positions being offered by employers
- Employing other recruitment methods, e.g., job advertising to attract candidates
- Creating and maintaining good relationships with job seekers and offering relevant career advice
- Evaluating resumes and job applications to find the best candidates for a given position
- Actively marketing jobs on social media platforms
- Conducting pre-interview screening to find out more about candidates and whether they can thrive if given the chance
- Finalizing agreements on remunerations and employment terms between the employer and successful candidates
- Finding the most suitable candidates for different positions through screening, performing background checks and reviewing resumes and applications
- Attending events and conferences for networking purposes
- Building business information capable of being transformed into commercial opportunities
- Advising clients on some of the best techniques and solutions for attracting worthy candidates
- Developing and implementing the best strategies capable of mirroring client needs
- Developing recruiting leads after extensive research
- Presenting shortlisted candidates to contracting organizations
- Regularly communicating with clients to follow up on their hiring needs
Recruitment Consultant Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of sourcing and recruiting techniques and their application
- Knowledge/ understanding of candidates selection methods and techniques
- Proficiency in using ATS (applicant tracking system)
- Knowledge of employer branding strategies
- Ability to use candidate sourcing tools and methods
- Ability to think critically
- Proficiency in different recruitment marketing software
- Excellent customer service skills
- High levels of confidence
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgement
- Ability to work with and meet targets
- Computer literacy
- Excellent numeracy/ math skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Information Technology skills
- High levels of flexibility
- A positive attitude
- Strong people skills
- Ability to build rapport with different people
- Excellent marketing skills
- Social media skills
- Ability to use and manage a customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Excellent sales skills
- Administrative ability
Recruitment Consultant Education and Experience
- Proven experience working as a recruitment consultant, Har recruiter, HR consultant or in a similar role/position
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Relevant accreditations, e.g., HR and Recruitment CPD
- Bachelor of Science or Arts degrees in Human Resources, Marketing or any relevant field
- Account Management experience
- Experience with staffing or HR duties
- Formal courses/ on-job training (not mandatory, but highly recommended)
- Experience working with targets
- Given years of experience in consulting
- Experience using candidate sourcing tools and methods
Recruitment Consultant Salary
Reputable sites such as Glassdoor estimate that recruitment consultants make roughly $77,000 annually, made up of a base payment of $56,000 and additional pay of $21,000. Recruitment Consultant leads earn more at $85,000+ annually. Senior recruitment consultants are the highest paid, earning $110,000+ annually. Therefore, this may be an excellent career if you have some HR experience.
Recruitment Consultant CV Example 1
Physical address: 23 Byron Rd, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts (MA), 03456
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: (865) 789-8906
Senior HR professional with 10+ years of experience in recruitment, staffing and employee training. Well-organized recruitment expert with an in-depth understanding of employee recruitment and sourcing, ready to respond to companies’ recruitment needs. Self-motivated consultant with excellent sales and marketing skills needed to attract candidates successfully.
06/2019- 09/2022, Recruitment Consultant, Ikua Recruitment Solutions, Salem, MA
- Built and maintained excellent relationships with 10+ companies, helping them solve their staffing needs
- Assessed and responded to the needs of every client for better results
- Retained 98% of clients by offering excellent customer service and positive results
- Regularly educated companies’ hiring managers on effective recruitment processes
- Provided interview, CV and general career advice to 30+ employees monthly for career advancement purposes
- Built and maintained successful partnerships via B2B sales relationships
- Maintained excellent account management, easily generating repeat business
- Regularly consulted with clients to identify cost-efficient and effective solutions for their recruitment processes
- Interviewed 20+ candidates monthly, helping companies find the most suitable employees to fill different positions
- Consistently recognized by 10+ companies as one of the best recruiters owing to results and customer service
03/2016- 05/2019, Senior HR Recruiter, Wells Companies, San Diego, CA
- Supervised ten recruiters, ensuring that they were productive and well-versed in recruitment strategies and techniques
- Facilitated the sourcing and hiring of 50+ top-performing employees, helping the company edge closer to its strategic goals
- Improved productivity and reduced turnover by 30% by consistently identifying and hiring top performers
- Worked closely with the HR manager and 20 HR personnel to determine and respond to staffing needs
- Developed, recommended and implemented 10+ recruiting strategies to source employees within provided time-frames successfully
- Defined minimum qualifications and skills for open positions, ensuring that the company ended with the best options
- Built and maintained excellent relationships with 30+ senior HR contacts to help identify and obtain quality candidates
- Ensured 100% compliance with recruitment policies and guidelines, including equal employment opportunity requirement
- Attended 10+ career fairs, workshops and networking events annually for skill development and professional advancement
- Facilitated the preparation and placing of job adverts in 5+ media, including social media and websites
- Performed reference and background checks on management and executive positions, ensuring that the company settled for able and experienced candidates
11/2012- 01/2016, Recruiter, Salem Distributors, Salem, FL
- Built and maintained positive working relationships with the hiring manager, senior recruiters, project managers and hiring supervisors for successful staffing
- Identified and created detailed and accurate hiring criteria and job descriptions in collaboration with 10+ departmental managers
- Liaised with five other recruiters to develop, facilitate and implement different phases of the recruitment process
- Adhered to industry needs, role requirements and organizational needs to identify and implement the best-recruiting methods and strategies
- Developed and implemented a grassroots outreach strategy to determine the best candidates around Salem, leading to the employment of 20+ experienced local
- Promoted to senior recruiter after two years for excellent leadership qualities and outstanding job performance
- 03/2008- 06/2012, Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management, Salem State University, Massachusetts
- 05/2005- 07/2007, High School Diploma, Salem Senior High School, Salem, Massachusetts
- Social media
- Human resource management
- Customer relationship management
- Information Technology
- Database management
- Applicant Tracking System
- MS Office
- Business development
- Lead generation
- Verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in team settings
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Active listening
- 04/2020, Senior Human Resource Professional, SHRM-CP
- 03/15, Associate Professional in Human Resources
Recruitment Consultant CV Example 2
Physical address: 200 Rosewood Dr #106 Danvers, Massachusetts (MA), 02456
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: (560) 765-8907
Recruitment consultant with 10+ years of experience in human resources and marketing. Excellent time manager with vast employer branding techniques willing to cater to organizations’ staffing needs. Avid team worker with extensive experience using applicant tracking systems and employee recruitment software.
06/2019- 09/2022, Recruitment Consultant, Danvers Recruitment Solutions, MA
- Built and maintained excellent relationships with 15+ clients
- Retained 90% of clients due to excellent results, customer service and high degrees of professionalism
- Used an applicant tracking system to screen candidate resumes and shortlist the most qualified
- Offered clients customized solutions aligning with their staffing and recruitment needs
- Consistently exceeded personal monthly and quarterly goals by 30%+
- Partnered, consulted and collaborated with 20+ HR Managers regionally for the successful development of recruitment strategies
04/2016- 05/2019, Recruiter, Hill View Companies, Bakersfield, California
- Ensured 100% compliance with local, state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Attended and participated in 10+ networking events and conferences for skill advancement and professional development
- Used an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to screen applications and choose the best candidates
- Attended and conducted interviews with 10+ departmental managers, helping the company settle on the best candidates
- Screened and answered 100+ applicants’ questions monthly
- Represented the company in monthly job fairs, offering job and company-related information to 200+ potential employees
- Participated in the successful onboarding of 100+ employees, helping them successfully settle into the workplace
02/2013- 03/2016, Junior Recruiter, Raisin Accounting Solutions, Lowell, MA
- Created and posted job ads on 10+ channels, including social media, professional sites and job sites
- Managed the 10-member hiring team’s calendar, ensuring 0 clashing of tasks
- Used industry-approved recruiting software to monitor open roles
- Collaborated with three other junior recruiters to coordinate drug tests and background checks for 100+ potential hires
- Scheduled and sent out junk emails to applicants confirming applications receipt, shortlisting or rejection daily
- Participated in 50+ recruiting events
- 02/2008- 09/2012, Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration, Suffolk University, Massachusetts
- 02/2005- 05/2007, High School Diploma, Lowell Senior High School, Lowell, Massachusetts
- Customer relationship management
- Business development
- Microsoft Office
- Even networking
- Information Technology
- Human resource management
- Applicant Tracking System
- Social media
- Data-driven mentality
- 05/2021, Senior Human Resource Management Professional (SHRM-CP)
- 06/17, HCRi- PHR
Recruitment Consultant Resume Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
1. Which Technical Skills Should I Include in My Resume?
Succeeding as a recruitment consultant calls for several technical skills. Even though you should first find out the technical skills the hiring manager or company needs in their job listing, here are some worth considering: excellent marketing skills, database administration and management, social media, Microsoft Office, entrepreneurship, human resource management, information technology, recruitment, applicant tracking systems skills, research and excellent business development skills.
Additional technical skills are excellent sales skills, employee onboarding, lead generation, talent sourcing, talent management, salary negotiation skills, contract drafting, contact recruitment, temporary staffing, interviewing, contact recruitment and consulting. Even though these skills will be listed in your resume’s hard skill section, we also urge you to showcase them in your work experience section through your past achievements. A resume with enough technical skills will appeal to the hiring manager, increasing your chances of making it to the interview shortlist.
2. Which Keywords Should I Include in My Resume?
Your resume won’t reach the hiring manager’s desk if you don’t use the right number and examples of keywords; chances are that it will be flagged by applicant tracking systems, which are the new norm for recruiters and hiring managers (you are in a better position as a recruitment consultant to understand how ATS works). The best way to identify keywords in your resume is to review the job listing, which contains certain skills, competencies and specific knowledge that the company needs.
Here are some of the most used keywords in recruitment consultants’ resumes: contract, temporary staffing, scheduling, interviewing, Human Resources (HR), placement, advertising, recruiting, technical recruiting, permanent placement, consulting, IT, screening, applications, resumes, sales, marketing, applicant tracking system (ATS), relationship management, social media, business development, database, accountability, employee needs, business requirements, mentoring, customer relationship management (CRM) system, onboarding, facilitation, Microsoft Office, account management and proactive.
Note that these keywords should be evenly spread in your resume’s work experience, skills and summary sections to be safe (keyword stuffing is just as bad as not using the right keywords).
3. Which Certifications Can I Pursue and Include in My Resume’s Certifications Section?
Here are some of the best certifications for recruitment consultants:
- Senior Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM- CP)– This is one of the senior-most certifications for human resource professionals, and in this case, recruitment consultants. It proves the ability to take full ownership of human resources, make strategic decisions and take charge of the overall business direction. Areas covered include HR development, risk management, employee labour relations, business management strategy and workforce employment and planning. It requires 6-8 years of human resource experience.
- Professional in Human Resources Certification (HCRi- HR)- This certification applies to HR professionals interested in taking management positions soon. Unlike the previous certificate, it focuses more on tactical and practical HR aspects and less on business management and strategy. Its curriculum covers human resource development, risk management and employee and labour relations.
A good alternative would be joining the Recruiter academy, which is considered the MBA class in recruiting, given its loaded and highly educative training programs. You will receive more in-depth training in Human Resources than most online courses have. Its curriculum is ten properly crafted webinars that cover key recruiting aspects to help you source, interview and assess candidates. This is something you need.
Other available certifications include: AIRS recruiting certification, Certified Staffing Professional (CSP) and Certified Consultant Certifications by the American Staffing Association, CPC and CTF certifications by the National Association of Personnel Services (NAPS), and the different Human Resources Certification Institute certifications, i.e. PHRi, APHR, GPHR and SPHR certifications.
4. Are There Any Alternatives to Recruitment Certifications?
Yes. There are several professional development alternatives apart from obtaining industry or job-related certifications. The most common is networking, where you get to exchange notes with different industry professionals, ask for career advice and learn more from more experienced recruiters or recruitment consultants. Keep in touch with your new contacts and share information over time.
Other proven ways include workshops where people acquire new knowledge at a relatively cheaper rate; independent learning where you can use different internet sources, videos and online publications; employee-driven education where one uses employee resources and mentoring and shadowing, which works by liaising with a senior recruiter or recruitment consultant in your company. These four alternatives should work just fine.
5. How Can I Become a Recruitment Consultant?
You’ll first have to find out what recruitment consultancy is all about and decide whether it is the right career for you. Get an advanced education, which can be a degree in Human Resources, Marketing, Psychology or Communications. Additional areas worth focusing on include employment law, training, compensation and benefits and value-based leadership. Afterwards, gain more experience in recruitment by applying for an entry-level position or pursuing an internship. Lastly, apply for the relevant post (recruitment consultant) or decide on independent work. Once you have all the requirements, apply for a recruitment consultancy job or start your own consulting company.