Companies need to create and boost brand awareness to increase sales. Most of them turn to brand ambassadors, who in most cases are celebrities or influential figures, in a quest to make more people aware of their brand and get their products out there. These ambassadors, also known as corporate ambassadors or influencers, are charged with several tasks ranging from the in-store promotion of products to market campaign implementation.
This article looks at a brand ambassador’s roles, responsibilities, and requirements to help you understand what is expected of you might you decide to become one. We also have two well-written resume examples that you will find helpful when writing the best resume for your job application. Lastly, you get a FAQ section answering some pressing questions regarding brand ambassador resumes. Let’s get started.
Brand Ambassador Job Description
As the name suggests, the brand ambassador acts as the face and voice of the organization’s brand. These professionals promote the company’s products through different channels, increasing overall sales and awareness. They collaborate with sales and marketing teams to meet predetermined goals and objectives. Other roles include representing the brand in different events such as luncheons
To succeed as a brand ambassador, one must possess excellent communication and networking skills and a solid social media presence, especially now that most marketing campaigns are conducted online. Other requirements include previous marketing experience and knowledge of marketing principles.
Brand Ambassador Roles and Responsibilities
- Acting as the official face and voice of the brand for as long as the contract lasts
- Representing the hiring company in luncheons and events
- Promoting the company’s products through different social media channels
- Working closely with the sales and marketing department toward the achievement of predetermined objectives and goals
- Familiarizing with the company’s missions, goals, and vision
- Conceptualizing marketing strategies and campaigns in liaison with the sales and marketing division
- Ensuring continuous customer education on the company’s services and products
- Educating retailers and distributors about the hiring company’s products or services
- Attending and participating in product-related training and workshops
- Participating in media campaigns and tracking customer preferences and metrics
- Brainstorming ideas and sharing them with the sales and marketing team
- Keeping the image of the brand positive at all times
- Continuously interacting with customers and vendors to build rapport
- Driving brand awareness and interacting with new customers through engaging social media content
- Closely monitoring customer feedback and reporting issues or complaints to the sales/ marketing department
- Acting as the company’s spokesperson at trade shows and conferences
- Helping the company stay competitive in the market by tracking and reporting on its competitors’ marketing initiatives
- Working together with the marketing department for the successful organization of marketing events and campaigns
- Noting and responding to online comments regarding the company’s products and sharing them with the correct department
- Referring the company to friends and family through word-of-mouth
- Advising the company on product positioning to increase reach
- Creating and, at times, running clients’ social media accounts
- Regularly making and sharing marketing content
- Creating reports on conversion rates, engagements and performance metrics of campaigns and marketing content to be shared with management
Brand Ambassador Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong social media presence on several platforms, e.g., Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
- Knowledge of how to use social media scheduling tools such as Buffer
- Ability to create engaging social media content
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional working attitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to turn product details into excellent content marketing strategies
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- A friendly and outgoing personality
- Ability to network with industry leaders
- Excellent sales and marketing skills
- Performance tracking skills
- Excellent forecasting skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Higher levels of adaptability
- Ability to influence masses
Brand Ambassador Education and Experience
- Proven work experience as a brand ambassador or social media promoter
- Experience creating engaging online content
- Experience in retail (not mandatory, but recommended)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing or a related field
- Experience using different social media platforms and tools
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- Relevant certifications
Brand Ambassador Salary
Your salary as a brand ambassador depends on your influence and the hiring company’s compensation rates. However, Glassdoor estimates that brand ambassadors make roughly $48,000 yearly as total payment for their services. Brand ambassador managers make more, with some reporting salaries of $60,000+ annually.
Brand Ambassador CV Example 1
Physical address: 205 Seagroves Street, La Porte, Texas (TX), 76789
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: (350) 876-8901
Professional marketer with 6+ years of experience in marketing and advertising and three as a brand ambassador. Avid team worker with a solid social media presence ready to increase brand awareness and overall market reach for engaging organizations. Excellent communicator with vast experience creating and editing engaging online content.
06/2019- 08/2022, Brand Ambassador, Britam General Company,
- Educated customers on 20+ company products over the internet and through one-on-one interactions, answering any queries and concerns
- Increased product sales by 30% within two months in liaison with the marketing department by leveraging my social media followers and network
- Built and maintained a positive working relationship with 30+ staff members to meet brand awareness and sales goals
- Prepared and submitted 98%+ accurate and detailed reports on different issues
- Researched the company’s product portfolio, gaining extensive product knowledge for successful customer interactions
- Analyzed and developed improved customer relationship management strategies for increased monthly sales and marketing metrics
- Achieved a 15% annual customer relationship management metrics increase through regular customer education and interaction
03/2016- 04/2019, Marketing Officer, Brace Marketers Ltd, La Porte, TX
- Liaised with 10+ marketing officials to successfully implement the organization’s marketing strategies
- Organized and attended monthly marketing events aimed at raising brand awareness
- Collaborated with the sales and marketing manager in budget preparation and expense monitoring
- Identified low-cost opportunities to increase visibility and web traffic, saving the company $3,000 yearly in marketing
- Identified 50+ opportunities for growth and promotion by conducting extensive market research and analysis
- Enhanced the company’s presence in collaboration with 10+ stakeholders
- Built and maintained excellent relationships with six vendors for prompt fulfillment of marketing materials and services orders
02/2013- 02/2016, Marketing Agent, Outreach Marketers, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Successfully build rapport with 100+ clients by actively listening to their needs and identifying their preferences and wants
- Helped clients develop promotional strategies through detailed and well-written proposals
- Developed long-term relationships with 20+ customers based on mutual respect and trust
- Increased client satisfaction by 20% through regular and clear communication
- Conducted thorough market research to identify new and existing markets for 100+ products and services
- Developed and implemented at least three successful annual social media campaigns for clients’ products and services
- Updated existing marketing strategies after reviewing competition and marketing trends
- Trained 10+ junior marketing agents and interns on procedures, best practices, and policies for effective marketing
- Made regular presentations to clients on current and developing markets for their products
- 03/2008- 05/2012, Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- 05/2005- 07/2007, High School Diploma, San Antonio Senior High School
- Brand knowledge and awareness
- Strategic planning
- Basic marketing
- Social media marketing
- In-store promotions
- Content creation
- Product knowledge
- Training & development
- Event planning
- Lead generation
- Verbal and written communication
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Active listening
- 06/19, Professional Certified Marketer, American Marketing Association
- 05/16, Certified Advertising Specialist, Promotional Products Association International
Brand Ambassador CV Example 2
Physical address: 8005 Travis Street, Killeen, Texas (TX), 76789
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: (232) 654- 8907
Senior brand ambassador with 9+ years of experience in public relations, advertising, and marketing firms. Avid team worker with excellent sales and marketing skills ready to increase brand awareness and overall product sales. Outstanding market researcher and analyst proficient in marketing software and social media tools and platforms.
06/2019- 07/2022, Senior Brand Ambassador, High Tech Companies, Austin, TX
- Organized weekly, monthly and annual trials and promotional activities to create and boost brand awareness for
- Built and maintained excellent working relationships with 50+ staff members for the successful marketing of the company’s products
- Liaised with the marketing department to organize marketing events with a 98%+ success rate
- Supervised and directed 15 junior marketing and product promotion staff, helping them achieve and surpass performance targets
- Represented the company in 10+ nationwide events and tradeshows annually, acting as the spokesperson and maintaining a positive image
- Brainstormed and implemented ideas for brand awareness success and participated in 5+ training and workshops annually
- Improved the company’s image by 35% through online customer interaction and public relations campaigns
- Monitored website and social media content for brand awareness promotion, ensuring compliance with company standards and regulations
- Collaborated with the sales and marketing staff to improve the company’s overall sales by 30%+ through campaigns, events, and increased social media presence
03/2016- 04/2019, Brand Ambassador, Bluview Companies, San Diego, CA
- Created weekly engaging social media content, sharing them with my 1.2M+ Instagram followers for brand awareness enhancement
- Participated in 7 product launches, each grossing $300,000+ in sales within the first month
- Offered exceptional customer service to existing and potential customers for company brand promotion
- Actively listened, interacted with, and provided feedback to clients, increasing their purchasing confidence by 30%
- Built and maintained excellent relationships with nine venue owners for event organizing purposes
- Collected and recorded product preferences through interviews and social media interactions, relaying the information to the marketing department
- Contributed to staff development by training five junior employees on marketing strategies, policies, and best practices
- Participated in 5 annual trade shows, acting as the company’s spokesperson
- Used 5+ marketing techniques to push the company products and increase brand awareness, including word-of-mouth
- Tracked and reported on the marketing activities of 5 competitors
02/2012- 11/2015, Marketing Officer, Fally Holdings Corporation, Memphis, Tennessee
- Worked closely with the marketing manager and four marketing officers for the successful oversight of the marketing department’s operations
- Wrote, edited, and proofread marketing materials to be posted on 5+ different channels, including Twitter and Instagram, ensuring that they were engaging and compliant with regulations
- Successfully coordinated with six outside agencies for the successful production of marketing materials
- Represented the company at 15+ annual events, maintaining its image and networking with different industry professionals
- Successfully organized and managed a marketing events calendar with 5+ entries, including dinners, fundraising activities, product launches, exhibitions, promotions, and open days
- Worked with five bloggers to create and improve brand awareness
- 03/2007- 05/2011, Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations & Marketing, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee
- 05/2004- 08/2006, High School Diploma, Killeen Senior High School, Killeen, Texas
- Content creation
- Strategic planning
- Social media
- Product knowledge
- Event planning
- Lead generation
- Training and development
- Extensive product knowledge
- Verbal and written communication
- Critical thinking
- Time management
- Decision making
- 06/18, Professional Certified Marketer (PCM), American Marketing Organization
- 05/15, Accreditation in Public Relations, Public Relations Society of America
Brand Ambassador Resume Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Which Technical Skills Should I Include in My Resume?
Technical Skills are job-specific knowledge and expertise needed for successful task execution. To appeal to hiring managers, including the following in your resume: excellent brand marketing skills, outstanding field marketing skills, extensive brand knowledge, ability to build relationships, strategic planning, social media presence and skills, blogging, ability to interpret customer insights, understanding of brand marketing techniques and procedures, product promotional skills, excellent scheduling skills, and product demonstration skills.
Additional technical skills include excellent budgeting skills, the ability to create engaging content, and report writing skills. Please review the job listing before writing your resume to identify the specific skills the interviewer wants in their employee. Your work experience section should also be a testament to your ability to apply these skills in your everyday job.
2. Which Certifications Can I Pursue for a Better Career?
People get certifications for various reasons. Some of the most common include expanding their knowledge and skills, gaining a competitive advantage in the job market, and proving expertise in a particular field or job aspect. Here are a few examples worth considering:
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing and Brand Management- This certification deals with strategic brand management, creating customer value, increasing name recognition, and inspiring brand loyalty. It covers aspects such as brand identity design, performance measurement and analysis, customer experience management, and differentiation of brand communication strategies.
- Professional Certified Marketer- The Professional Certified Marketer certification by the American Marketing Association covers critical areas of marketing. It has to be renewed every three years
- Certified Advertising Specialist (CAS) – The Certified Advertising Specialist by Promotional Products Association International requires at least three years of experience in the promotional product industry. It proves high standards of integrity and conduct. It has to be renewed after three years.
Other brand ambassador certifications worth pursuing include Accreditation in Public Relations by the Public Relations Society of America, Graduate Certification in Brand and Product Marketing by Warden, and Marketing Management Certification by the American Marketing Association. Make sure you have at least one certification besides your academic qualifications.
3. Which Keywords Should I Include in My Court Clerk Resume?
A keyword-rich resume helps you get past applicant tracking systems quickly or, better yet, captures the hiring manager’s attention. These can be technical and soft skills, tools, specific industry knowledge, and terminologies that reflect the job listing.
Some of the common skills for a brand ambassador resume include sales and marketing, brand awareness, vendor management, marketing, event marketing, business administration, customer service, interpersonal skills, collaboration, communication skills, retail, social media, social media marketing, content creation, marketing strategy, sales, Microsoft Access, Adobe Photoshop, brand ambassadorship, Adobe InDesign and management.
Additional keywords include sales goals, product knowledge, sales floor, product demonstrations, and store management. Avoid keyword stuffing by spreading these keywords evenly across your resume.
4. How Should I Add Skills to My Brand Ambassador Resume?
There are three main things to have in mind/ do when adding skills to your brand ambassador resume. First, take some time to review the job posting and identify the skills the company/ hiring manager is looking for, which will be part of your keywords. While adding these skills, include industry skills such as social media, marketing, sales, and Adobe Photoshop. You must also add skills to your work experience to show the hiring manager that you have practical experience with different industry-specific tools, skills, and techniques. We also urge you to use the job title at least once in your resume.
5. Which Are Some of the Soft Skills That I Should Include in My Resume?
Soft skills are just as necessary as technical skills, given that they dictate the relationships between employees and clients. For an excellent brand ambassador resume, include the following: team leadership, interpersonal skills, presentation, organization skills, customer satisfaction, organization skills, negotiation, problem-solving, time management, verbal and written communication, and teamwork.
Remember to separate these soft skills from the hard ones like we have done in our resume examples, as they focus on interpersonal skills and character traits. Also, highlight them in your work experience section to be safe.